This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Public Area Youtube Tread
(16-08-2017, 08:20 AM)Kevin Wrote: One thing I learnt early on is windows are incredibly strong be it car or household windows. It's a waste of time and embarrassing trying to smash one with a baton. Only a purpose made window breaker is any use.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

ASP window breaker cap is fantastic. One smack and away it goes. Had to replace it after second use but decent job when you need to use it
“The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits.”
― Albert Einstein
To be honest lads they had plenty of chances of taking your man out. I'm far from being windy but they nearly killed another officer and they had enough mobiles to surround them. I am not sure about US tactics but am presuming they are trained in containment
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster.

[Image: SARGE300_zpsb3d5acad.png]
(16-08-2017, 05:02 PM)silop10 Wrote: To be honest lads they had plenty of chances of taking your man out. I'm far from being windy but they nearly killed another officer and they had enough mobiles to surround them. I am not sure about US tactics but am presuming they are trained in containment

As someone who has watched too many us police chases they don't seem to use containment as a tactic. It may be out of the fear of a firearm being present or just not something done. PIT seems to be the main tactic other than just follow.

This is one of the worst ones I've come across, normally they are well managed with units following behind the lead car.
http://www.esforum.org - Home of the real emergency service personnel.

http://www.facebook.com/emergencysf
Think it was as a result of multiple different agencies, the Jeep was state trooper I think.

He got a serious stink eye afterwards I would say.

Interestingly, we all know the rules for ags which is if we don't stop them, it's our fault. If we do stop them and someone gets hurt, it's our fault.

But am I the only one that thinks it's far more dangerous to allow a dangerous driver to continue? I mean, the hints in the name.
Before contacting us, please read our Help section especially if its about VerificationSwap area or obtaining a Site email address. After that, you can contact me by either PM or E-mail and I will do my best to help.
(14-08-2017, 10:02 PM)foreign Wrote:
(14-08-2017, 08:23 PM)Dirtyshirt72 Wrote: Why did the trooper start beating up the car?

Trying to smash window.

Is it not easier to hit the glass bit then?
Instead of the metal bit?  Just asking.
I think he is a wee bit "thick" & has let red mist descend.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
Saw it happen in Limerick once.  Tipp GS following vehicle that failed to stop. All LCN and LCS vehicles out to assist. TC even joined in, taking anyone on the beat as observer.
Followed said vehicle into city, forced them down one way streets into a cul-de-sac, and left no windscreen intact to remove occupants from vehicle.
At arrival in station, SHO asks "what are the passengers arrested for?".
Vehicle was not stolen.
Driver had no insurance.
Garda and public lives put at risk to effect a stop.
Major wake up call for us all.
Luckily passengers had put up a bit of a fight so the public order act came into operation......